Fair for Life & L’Equitable
We are certified Fair For Life, a demanding label that guarantees fairness in its economic model but not only.
Fair For Life is also a commitment to the respect of human rights, guaranteeing decent working conditions, respect for the environment, biodiversity and the climate by implementing sustainable agricultural practices and actions for sustainable local development adapted to local contexts.
Our commitment to the respect of Man and the Environment in a fair way, led us to develop our fair trade chain, certified, where the resources are equitably distributed among all the actors of the production chain.
- In 2002 creation of our fair trade chain ARGAN with a local partner
- In 2003 creation of a new local partnership, with the FIGUE DE BARBARIE cooperative
In 2021 creation of a partnership for the sesame chain
Creating jobs & ensuring a fair income
These sectors have created jobs for women who have remained in the villages, allowing them to earn a salary above the average wage and to enjoy good working conditions.
Participating in the local development fund
Each year, Argandia commits to paying the equivalent of 5% of imported volumes. Thanks to this financial fund, the various sectors have been able to set up various actions to help the social and economic development of the very dry areas of southern Morocco.
The association with which we partner meets every year with the inhabitants of the villages in order to determine the needs of the population and to choose the actions to be implemented in priority.
Since its creation more than thirty actions have been carried out, such as :
- Creation of a canteen within the school and its supply of water and food.
- Purchase of 5,000 olive trees from the villagers to diversify the culture in the Berber mountains
- Setting up an annual medical check-up for the women
- Financing of the work for a water supply to the village
- Financing of public lighting in the village